CHICAGO, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PickupTrucks.com, the authority for new and used pickup truck buyers, announced today that the Ford F-150 has taken the title as the winner of the site's Light-Duty Pickup Truck Challenge. The challenge put six of the most popular light-duty trucks head-to-head in a series of tests. The six trucks tested were the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, 2013 Ford F-150, 2014 GMC Sierra 1500, 2013 Nissan Titan, 2013 Ram 1500 and the 2013 Toyota Tundra.
"The F-150 is the best-selling half-ton truck in the U.S., and after conducting this testing, it's no surprise why," said Mark Williams, PickupTrucks.com editor. "It was a tight contest, with the Ford, Ram, and GMC finishing close together, but the F-150's performance and capability gave it an edge. Shoppers looking for a new half-ton in this competitive truck market have several great options and should consider which one best meets their needs."
Experts from PickupTrucks.com and Popular Mechanics teamed up to put the six trucks through four grueling days of tests to determine which one was the ultimate light-duty truck. "The tests were extensive," said Williams. "We wanted to make sure to account for everything that would be important to truck shoppers; from features and comfort to brute strength and towing capabilities, we covered it all."
- Evaluation of interior quality, layout and features, and exterior quality, finish and features
- Value for the money
- Acceleration and brake testing, empty, with a 1,200-pound payload and towing 8,500 pounds
- Hill climb ability, both empty and towing 8,500 pounds
- Autocross to test handling, both empty and with a 1,000-pound payload
- 180-mile drive to test for fuel economy both empty and towing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV