News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) today announced that Janet Nova, the Company’s Senior Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, will be elevated to Executive Vice President and Deputy Group General Counsel for 21st Century Fox, the media and entertainment entity to launch following the separation of the Company into two independent, publicly traded companies.
Janet Nova (Photo: Business Wire)
In her new role, Ms. Nova will oversee the legal aspects of the Company’s M&A activity, capital markets transactions, and SEC and stock exchange reporting, and advise the Company’s Board committees. Ms. Nova will continue to report to Gerson Zweifach, the Senior Executive Vice President, Group General Counsel, and Chief Compliance Officer for 21st Century Fox.
“Janet’s elevation is a testament to the significant contributions she has made to the Company over her distinguished tenure as well as to her exceptional talents as a legal executive,” said Mr. Zweifach. “News Corporation has benefited from her judgment, insight and guidance on a range of critical issues, including the separation of our businesses, and I am confident she will be a driving force for 21st Century Fox.”
Ms. Nova has been a part of the Company’s General Counsel’s office since 1997, including serving as the Company’s Interim Group General Counsel from June 2011 to February 2012. She joined News Corporation from Simpson Thacher & Bartlett, where she was an Associate in the firm’s corporate and securities practice.She received her law degree from the Columbia University School of Law and her undergraduate degree from Princeton University. Ms. Nova serves on the Board of the Yankee Entertainment and Sports Network (YES) and on the Executive Committee of Entertainment, Media and Communications Division of the UJA-Federation of New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV