KKR Financial Holdings (NYSE: KFN) shares currently have a dividend yield of 7.70%. KKR Financial Holdings LLC, together with its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty finance company with expertise in a range of asset classes. The company has a P/E ratio of 5.86. The average volume for KKR Financial Holdings has been 816,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. KKR Financial Holdings has a market cap of $2.2 billion and is part of the real estate industry. Shares are up 2.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. TheStreet Ratings rates KKR Financial Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, KFN's share price has jumped by 33.33%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Diversified Financial Services industry average. The net income increased by 11.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $88.05 million to $98.34 million.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $39.68 million or 11.26% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.43 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- You can view the full KKR Financial Holdings Ratings Report.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts