But this trumping of job creation for the poorer and less skilled on behalf of what tends to be the wealthy elites who have few employment fears has been at the heart of this administration's energy program, if you can call it that. I have asked the representatives of this administration a myriad of times if they can choose to balance jobs vs. environmental concerns and they simply refuse to answer in any coherent way. I now fear that the president will say yes to Keystone, but as part of any compromise will put in a carbon tax which will severely hinder our economy and promote more job exporting, this time to the Chinese and Mexico.
There's a cost-benefit to everything. But not when it comes to the greens. They only see the benefits to the skies, not the losses to the workers in what is a country that is struggling to produce enough jobs to put food on the table. There's nothing wrong with exporting coal to China and then demanding that the Chinese do their best to clean the skies if they want free trade. Instead, we will simply stop sending it and other nations will provide it with no quid pro quo at all. It's just a triumph of the wealthy over the workingman, instead of a careful balance that keeps jobs, but also strives for long-term air quality. It's pathetic that job creation doesn't play a bigger role in these incredibly important decisions that lead to incredible hardship for soon-to-be un-gainfully unemployed.
Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, has no positions in the stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV