NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Brittany Umar, Andrew Krill and Lindsey Bell are giving us the breakdown on what to expect in the markets this week.
Tuesday is action-packed with earnings and economic data. Most notably, the Federal Reserve will kick off its two day event, which will likely keep investors nervous about interest rates and tapering announcements.
Krill said that he expects Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke to keep rates low and to "continue the stimulus for the foreseeable future."
Also on Tuesday are the Housing Starts and CPI data. Both will be announced before the open and will shed light on the continuing housing recovery and the effects of inflation on the economy.As for earnings, Adobe (ADBE) hopes that the switch to a monthly subscription service will provide a boost to its bottom line, while La-Z-Boy (LZB) will report its fourth quarter results. Investors will likely be rather finicky Wednesday, as the Federal Reserve will hold a press conference to discuss the conclusion of their multi-day meeting. FedEx (FDX) will report fourth quarter earnings before the bell. To wind down the week, RiteAid (RAD) and Oracle (ORCL) will report earnings on Thursday. While Krill did trim his Oracle position, he doesn't think that the tech giant will repeat an earnings miss like last quarter, adding that the company closed a significant amount of deals in the past couple of months. The Week Ahead: FOMC & Oracle Action Alerts PLUS, which Cramer co-manages as a charitable trust, own ORCL.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV