JACKSONVILLE, Fla., June 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Stein Mart, Inc. (Nasdaq:SMRT) today announced that in connection with a review of the Company's auditor relationship, on June 6, 2013, a request for proposal was sent to several national accounting firms, including PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC). On June 11, 2013, PwC informed the Company that it was declining to stand for re-election at the Company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders and that, accordingly, the auditor-client relationship between PwC and the Company was terminated as of that date.
The Company's search process to identify a successor accounting firm is underway. The Company will disclose its engagement of a new independent accounting firm once the process has been completed.
As a result of the matters described above, the Company will be withdrawing the proposal to ratify the appointment of PwC as the Company's independent registered public accountants for the fiscal year ending February 1, 2014 originally planned to be submitted to the Company's shareholders at the Annual Meeting of Shareholders to be held on June 18, 2013.About Stein Mart Stein Mart stores offer the fashion merchandise, service and presentation of a better department or specialty store, at prices competitive with off-price retail chains. Currently with locations from California to Massachusetts, Stein Mart's focused assortment of merchandise features current season, moderate to better fashion apparel for women and men, as well as accessories, shoes and home fashions. SMRT-G Additional information about Stein Mart, Inc. can be found at www.steinmart.com
CONTACT: For more information: Linda Tasseff Director, Investor Relations (904) 858-2639 email@example.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV