The Seattle-based online real estate company will have two versions of its "Long Distance" ad, a 30-second and 60-second version, dubbed "Find Your Way Home." The ads will air on several networks, including HGTV, CNN, USA, A&E and Lifetime. It's the second television commercial for Zillow under its ad campaign that began earlier this year.
"The process of shopping for a home today is emotional, absorbing, collaborative, and driven by technology and online information," said Amy Bohutinsky, Zillow chief marketing officer, in a press release. "Our 'Find Your Way Home' campaign chronicles modern families in ways that most home shoppers can relate -- as they search for not just a home, but a place for their life to happen."
On the company's most recent earnings call, Zillow said it would be raising its advertising spending. Zillow noted it is ramping up its advertising expense, which will hurt adjusted EBIDTA (Earnings Before Income, Depreciation, Taxes, and Amortization). For the first quarter, adjusted EBIDTA was $5.1 million, a decrease from $5.4 million in the year-ago quarter.For the full year, Zillow raised its advertising expenses by $10 million to $15 million this year, lowering EBITDA in the short-term. Shares of Zillow were higher in early Monday trading, up 3.6% to $55. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Chris_Ciaccia
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV