RADNOR, Pa., June 17, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Penn Virginia Corporation (NYSE:PVA) announced today that Philippe van Marcke de Lummen, a member of PVA's Board of Directors, passed away over the weekend. Mr. van Marcke had served as a director since 2006 and was a member of the Nominating and Governance and Compensation and Benefits Committees.
Edward B. Cloues, II, Chairman of the Board, said, "We are deeply saddened to announce Philippe's passing. Philippe was a valued colleague, a dedicated director and a great contributor to our business; far more important, though, he was a wonderful and truly delightful human being and we will all miss him very much. We offer our heartfelt condolences to the van Marcke family during this difficult time."
Penn Virginia Corporation (NYSE:PVA) is an independent oil and gas company engaged primarily in the exploration, development and production of oil, NGLs and natural gas in various domestic onshore regions of the United States, with a primary focus in Texas, and to a lesser extent, the Mid-Continent, Mississippi and the Marcellus Shale in Appalachia. For more information, please visit our website at www.pennvirginia.com .
CONTACT: James W. Dean Vice President, Corporate Development Ph: (610) 687-7531 Fax: (610) 687-3688 E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV