PECO has provided 17 municipalities across the Greater Philadelphia region with $150,000 in grant funding as part of PECO Green Region, the company’s municipal open space and environmental grant program. Since its inception in 2004, PECO has awarded more than $1.1 million for qualifying Green Region projects.
PECO Green Region has funded more than 150 projects across Southeastern Pennsylvania to plan for, protect and improve open land. The program provides grants for projects focusing on open space preservation, improvements to parks and recreation resources, and environmental conservation. Projects have included the development of recreation trails, pond and garden restorations, and the purchase of open land.
“The success of the Green Region program demonstrates PECO’s ongoing commitment to environmental preservation in the Greater Philadelphia area,” said Craig Adams, PECO president and CEO. “I am proud that, in less than 10 years, PECO has successfully supported more than $1 million in environmental grant funding for our local municipalities.”
In partnership with Natural Lands Trust, the region’s leading land conservation organization, PECO has awarded 2013 Green Region grants to the following municipalities:
- In Bucks County: Chalfont Borough ($10,000), Doylestown Township ($10,000) and Middletown Township ($10,000).
- In Chester County: East Bradford Township ($10,000), New Garden Township ($10,000) and New London Township ($10,000)
- In Delaware County: Brookhaven Borough ($10,000), Chester City ($5,000), Edgmont Township ($5,000) and Lansdowne Borough ($10,000)
- In Montgomery County: Abington Township ($10,000), Plymouth Township ($10,000) and Upper Salford Township ($10,000)
- In Philadelphia, four organizations have received Green Region funding for open space projects this year. The Fairmount Park Conservancy and West Philly Coalition for Neighborhood Schools will each receive $10,000. The Please Touch Museum will receive $6,000, and the Friends of Poquessing Watershed will receive $4,000.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts