Building on the strategy announced at Dell Enterprise Forum, to help customers innovate their business, Dell today announced that customers are increasingly selecting Dell enterprise solutions to meet their business needs and to successfully grow and scale. Dell’s strategy and solutions, including the PowerEdge 12th generation servers, are designed to address these dynamic business requirements while also offering high levels of efficiency, productivity, reliability and cost savings.
“Dell’s ability to deliver a flexible data center with open, scalable and integrated solutions is attractive to customers looking to simplify and generate the most value out of their IT investment,” said Forrest Norrod, vice president and general manager of Dell Server Solutions. “Recent analyst data and anecdotal customer stories underscore that Dell is growing share, and particularly server share from the competition. Customers are turning to Dell to process more data, support more applications, reduce infrastructure complexity and increase efficiency to achieve better business results faster.”
Those customers choosing Dell over competitors’ solutions include:
- TAGAL reduces total cost of ownership by up to 20 percent and improves customer response times with Dell enterprise solutions and services: TAGAL, a China-based steel manufacturer, needed to upgrade its IT infrastructure to a highly reliable, available and serviceable platform to produce products quickly for its customers and prepare to meet growing market demand. TAGAL states it turned to Dell Services to implement a comprehensive RISC migration from HP UNIX to Microsoft Windows platform using a Dell end-to-end solution comprised of Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers, Dell EqualLogic storage, Dell Networking switches, and a Dell DR backup and recovery appliance along with outsourced infrastructure management.
“When we were comparing proposed solutions, Dell’s offering stood out clearly because it was an end-to-end solution,” said Zhang Wei, chief technology officer, TAGAL. “Having a single point of contact to take care of all of the elements of our data center has resulted in a reduced total cost of ownership (TCO) of up to 20 percent and more importantly, peace of mind for our IT team.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts