Capital One Bank And Capital One Foundation Commit Nearly A Half Million Dollars To Easter Seals To Help Veterans Make The Transition To Civilian Jobs And Retain Long-Term Employment
Capital One Bank and Capital One Foundation today announced a $425,000 partnership with Easter Seals Serving DC | MD | VA—an organization providing support services for individuals with disabilities and special needs—to help veterans, wounded warriors and their spouses to transition to civilian life and navigate meaningful career paths. The partnership is part of a national workforce development initiative by Capital One, focused on helping to match job seekers—including returning veterans—with higher quality jobs and to train and retrain workers to compete for jobs based on local community demand. This announcement was made in tandem with the recent Capital One Bank, Easter Seals and Corporate Immersion-sponsored “How Hiring Our Nation’s Veterans Can Impact Your Bottom Line” Flag Day workshop on Friday, June 14, where approximately 35-40 small businesses from the Washington metropolitan area gathered to address best practices in veterans’ employment and gain essential insight to help reduce staff costs, recruit a highly effective workforce and retain talent.
“The future economic competitiveness and long-term success of a community is directly tied to the quality and skills of its workforce,” said Tony Pica, senior vice president and Mid-Atlantic Business Banking Group executive market president, Northern Virginia at Capital One Bank. “As we think about developing our workforce, we must support our veterans who are returning home and looking to transition their unique skills into gainful civilian employment. We’re proud to support our veterans during their transition by helping them not only prepare for new job opportunities but also secure those jobs and keep them.”
Capital One’s commitment to Easter Seals will specifically support the organization’s new Veteran Staffing Network (VSN), a nonprofit staffing agency exclusively for veterans and their families. The VSN will provide comprehensive, wrap-around support services to both the veterans transitioning to civilian life and the businesses seeking to hire military servicemen and women. These wrap-around services provide access to programs designed to meet additional needs that may impact access and retention of employment, including:
- Operation Employ Vets employer training program, an internet-based interactive program designed to outline the benefits veterans bring to an organization. Easter Seals has worked with leading employers and community stakeholders to develop this program, as well as local departments of commerce, labor and veterans affairs.
- Little Warriors Early Education and Child Care program, which is designed to meet the unique needs of the wounded warrior, their children and spouses, while taking into consideration whether a family has recently had to relocate and addressing urgent needs for family stability.
- Veteran Caregiver Training, a comprehensive, multi-modal (classroom, web-based, and DVD/workbook) training for caregivers of veterans addressing a wide range of critical caregiving topics, such as self-care, obtaining benefits and support, behavior management, pain management, nutrition and wellness, and more.
- In addition, VSN hosts quarterly workshops, such as the “How Hiring Our Nation’s Veterans Can Impact Your Bottom Line,” for employers designed to educate business owners and HR professionals that may have concerns regarding hiring veterans and to dispel common misconceptions.
“Easter Seals understands the needs of veterans and their families. We are able to assist veterans in forging meaningful career paths and to connect them with long-term employment opportunities,” said David Muir, Jr., senior vice president of the Veteran Staffing Network at Easter Seals. “We are extremely grateful to Capital One for its generous contribution and support, which will allow us to help more veterans and families to enter the workforce and reintegrate within their communities.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV