According to VR-Zone the next generation of Intel Haswell chips will have eight cores of processing power.
The new "Haswell-E" chips will up the ante from the current line Ivy Bridge-E, quad-core processors. The new line will give manufacturers and end users the choice of either 6 or 8-core desktop CPUs with as much as 20 MB of L3 cache. Current Haswell chip are used in computers which run Microsoft (MSFT) Windows and Apple (AAPL) OS X operating systems.
Even considering no actual specifications, or prices, have been made public experts believe the new processors will be capable of delivering as much as a 33%-50% speed jump over the previous generation of chips. Add to that the prospect of a new Intel's motherboard chipset (codename "Wellsburg") and overall computing performance should set new records.Competitor, AMD (AMD) has, so far, not been able to keep up with performance specs from Intel's top-of-the-line microprocessors. AMD's new powerhouse chip is called "Steamroller". According to the rumors, the Haswell-E is scheduled to begin shipping next year. Products with the new processors should reach the marketplace in the second half of 2014 - in plenty of time for the holiday shopping season. In early trading Monday, Intel was gaining 1.2% to $25.20. --Written by Gary Krakow in New York. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV