SAN JOSE, Calif., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Move, Inc., (NASDAQ:MOVE) today announced that its FIND SM Application has gone live with Midwest Real Estate Data (MRED) in Chicago. Additionally, it has signed FIND agreements with two industry leading MLSs: MLS Property Information Network, Inc. (MLS PIN) in Boston, and San Francisco Association of REALTORS® (SFAR) in San Francisco. These three agreements will provide an additional 71,220 MLS members with the FIND Application's natural language search functionality through comprehensive neighborhood, school and amenity information.
With national inventory and median age of inventory at record lows, neighborhood information with easy to use search functionality and intuitive reporting is even more crucial to real estate professionals trying to get ahead of the competition. With the FIND SM Application, MLSs are able to equip their real estate professionals with extensive local and national knowledge, and streamline their process of compiling information for clients. The FIND SM Application is a specialized tool for real estate professionals allowing MLSs to provide their members with fast, flexible and easy access to all of the data from Multiple Listing Services and other real-estate related data sources throughout the country via a powerful, robust, and intuitive search engine.
As a result of these agreements, Move will also now be able to provide consumers with extensive market data updated in real time for Chicago, Boston and San Francisco provided directly by these MLSs, including: sold property data with attribution display for the listing agent/broker and the buyer's agent/broker.
The Chicago, Boston and San Francisco housing markets are several of the most-searched and fastest-moving in the country. The agreement with MRED ( Chicago) and new agreements with MLS PIN ( Boston) and SFAR ( San Francisco) allows each MLS to provide Move's FIND SM Application tool to a broad base of real estate professionals in housing sectors with fierce competition. In May, MRED members gained access to the FIND SM Application software; Boston and San Francisco will be implemented soon as well.
- MRED ( Chicago, IL) is the largest MLS nationally, based on number of listings and the third largest MLS in membership size. It represents nearly 40,000 brokers and agents with over 75,500 listings.
- MLS PIN ( Boston, MA) is one of the ten largest MLSs based on listings count, with over 38,500 active listings. It covers Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and other areas of New England and supports more than 28,700 customers.
- SFAR ( San Francisco, CA) is ranked in the top third of MLSs in the nation. It has more than 2,839 members and represents more than 3,575 listings.
- An average of three million current, accurate and up-to-date active listings – over 85 percent of MLSs are updated every 15 minutes, with all others updated at a minimum of once per day
- Five to six million sold records per year – more than three million from MLS sources (attribution on realtor.com is provided to both the listing and selling brokers) and the remainder are from public record sources
- Over 113 million property records – from various approved public record providers
- Nationwide school information – district boundaries and detailed reports
- Nationwide neighborhood information – boundaries, demographics, psychographics
- Local amenity locations and information – shopping, restaurants, entertainment, places of worship, emergency services, banks, libraries, etc.