Cowen Group, Inc. (“Cowen”) (NASDAQ: COWN) today announced that Karen Holthouse has joined Cowen and Company’s Equity Research department as a Senior Research Analyst and Director to cover the Restaurant sector. Ms. Holthouse, based in New York, reports to Robert Fagin, Cowen’s Director of Research.
“Karen gets glowing reviews from clients for her thoughtful research, depth of analysis and responsiveness,” said Mr. Fagin. “As we continue to strategically expand our equity research team, I am confident that Karen’s expertise will further extend Cowen’s long history of involvement in the restaurant sector.”
Ms. Holthouse joins Cowen from Credit Suisse, where she worked in equity research since 2006. She holds Bachelor of Science degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Economics from Duke University and is a CFA ® charterholder.
About Cowen Group, Inc.Cowen Group, Inc. is a diversified financial services firm and, together with its consolidated subsidiaries, provides alternative asset management, investment banking, research, and sales and trading services through its two business segments: Ramius and its affiliates make up the Company’s alternative investment segment, while Cowen and Company and its affiliates make up the Company’s broker-dealer segment. Ramius provides alternative asset management solutions to a global client base and manages a significant portion of Cowen’s proprietary capital. Cowen and Company and its affiliates offer industry focused investment banking for growth-oriented companies, domain knowledge-driven research and a sales and trading platform for institutional investors. Founded in 1918, the firm is headquartered in New York and has offices located in major financial centers around the world.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV