PARIS, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- PARIS AIR SHOW -- Sikorsky Aerospace Services (SAS) announced today the signing of a spare parts distribution agreement with AlpTeknik Havacılık AS, a wholly owned subsidiary of Alp Aviation based in Turkey's capital city of Ankara. The agreement provides for in-country warehousing and distribution of spare parts in support of Turkey's military and government agency rotary and fixed wing operators. SAS is the aftermarket business of Sikorsky Aircraft Corp., a subsidiary of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
"Our ability to maintain a local inventory of high turnover OEM parts will enhance Turkey's fleet readiness while reducing overall operational expenses," said David Adler, resident of Sikorsky Aerospace Services. "As part of the agreement, LifePort – our mission equipment company - will offer its full portfolio of products including armor protection, MEDEVAC and VIP luxury interiors. Our expanding collaboration continues to strengthen SAS' position in the European market."
Sikorsky's longstanding relationship with Turkey started more than years ago with the sale of the first BLACK HAWK helicopters. Today ─ with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft ─ Turkey is one of the largest BLACK HAWK operators in the world. An operations base in Ankara and forward stocking location for authorized spare parts will help keep costs market-competitive, expedite deliveries and provide best-in-class service for maximum customer satisfaction.
"Alp Aviation is growing and diversifying in a variety of aerospace sectors. In-country spares inventory coupled with a dedicated, professional team gives us the opportunity to provide long-term contracts and around the clock support to our country's rotary and fixed wing operators," said Tuncer Alpata, chairman of Alp Aviation. "In the future, AlpTeknik will offer additional logistics solutions. "
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV