Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, today announced that Cathleen Schine’s Fin & Lady (on sale July 9, 2013) is the latest selection in the Barnes & Noble Recommends program. The book can be pre-ordered at any Barnes & Noble store, online at Barnes & Noble.com ( www.bn.com/recommends) or via Barnes & Noble’s NOOK® Readers and Tablets.
Titles selected for the B&N Recommends program are the books our booksellers can’t stop talking about. Thought-provoking and uniquely engaging, B&N Recommends selections are chosen for sheer reading pleasure and their appeal as book club picks.
Set in Greenwich Village in the 1960s, Fin & Lady is a story of finding love and creating family that’s both charming and antic, pensive and heartwrenching, and will undoubtedly appeal to readers who enjoyed Schine’s bestselling The Three Weissmanns of Westport, a perennial book group favorite.
Here’s what some of our booksellers are saying about Fin & Lady:Just finished Fin & Lady; love, love, love it! The characters are wonderfully drawn and the writing is captivating. In fact, I am getting ready to do something I have never done before; I am going to read it again right now! This one gets a standing ovation. – Gene Moore, Fort Worth, TX Just finished Fin & Lady. I started it yesterday and finished it this morning. What a lovely read -- enthralling, poignant, funny, and true. Schine knows the human heart, and teaches its terrain to us. – Linda Hetz, Cranberry Township, PA Fin & Lady is poignant and sweet. A perfect summer read about love; not syrupy sappy romantic love, but the tides of love that connect parents and children, brothers and sisters, lovers and loved. The 1960s setting flavors this book without overpowering the story and discovering the narrator's true identity provides a nice sense of mystery. – Cynthia Dix Porter, Beaverton, OR
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV