SAN JOSE, Calif., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQGM: NTGR) ( www.netgear.com), a global networking company that delivers innovative products to consumers, businesses and service providers, has shipped the NETGEAR ProSAFE™ Single-Band Wireless-N Access Point (WN203) to satisfy demand from small and medium-sized businesses to improve the performance and security of their wireless networks in a practical, cost-effective progression. Offering Power over Ethernet (PoE) for flexible deployment, comprehensive business-class security features, and an external antenna option, the WN203 operates in the 2.4 GHz band with up to 300 Mbps* throughput speeds. The WN203 Access Point provides a standalone configuration for easy setup of a reliable, high-performance and affordable 802.11n wireless solution.
The capabilities of networks in small offices and home offices are being stressed by the bandwidth demands of new media, voice, video and data. Networks are struggling to support the rapid increase in the number of devices accessing the network — traditional desktop computers and printers, mobile devices, smartphones and tablets, as well as IP phones and security cameras.
"Small business owners and their Value-Added Resellers (VARs) know they need to upgrade their networks from 802.11g wireless, but they generally do so incrementally, in a more conservative manner than larger enterprises. They look for a reliable and affordable solution, which is where the WN203 comes in," said Thomas Cheng, senior product line manager for NETGEAR business wireless products. "The WN203 is our most feature-rich standalone wireless access point for small businesses and home offices. Whether it's an office with 5 employees or a 50-room motel, the WN203 enables the customer to expand and upgrade a wireless network quickly and easily, adding access points when and where needed, and at a price that's easy on the bottom line. NETGEAR makes an extra effort to meet the needs of small businesses for an access point that couples affordability with many high-performance features under a lifetime hardware warranty."
The NETGEAR ProSAFE Single-Band Wireless-N Access Point (WN203) offers many features that are an improvement over other wireless access points:
- Up to 15 times the speed and up to 10 times the coverage of legacy 802.11g networks
- An internal antenna, with two additional reverse SMA connectors for external antennas for added range
- Multiple SSIDs for traffic segmentation
- Enterprise-grade wireless security with 802.1x and Radius servers
- Layer 2 VLAN for added security
- Power over Ethernet, eliminating the need for external power adapters and providing deployment flexibility
- Desktop or wall mounting options for optimal placement
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts