For DreamWorks and its CEO Katzenberg, the Netflix partnership may be equally important to the company's growth and strategic positioning.
The company has been moving in the direction of more profitable serialized TV content from its traditional movies expertise, notes Michael Corty, a Morningstar analyst. DreamWorks acquisition of Classic Media, for instance brought in the intellectual property to build out TV shows that may soon run exclusively on Netflix.
Meanwhile, instead of brokering to have content run on cable channels or movie distributors, DreamWorks is moving in the direction of streaming services such as Netflix. The company also announced a content partnership with Amazon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV