Once the best-kept secret of super-fans in the South and Central Plains, SONIC Drive-In (NASDAQ: SONC) now delights guests in 43 states and is quickly expanding in the Northeast United States to meet demand. Today, Sonic Corp. announced it has reached an agreement for franchise development of five new drive-ins in the Rochester, NY market over the next four years.
With five existing drive-ins located in New York, the new agreement means the SONIC presence is set to double in the Empire State, and the company has plans for additional expansion.
“In certain parts of the country – particularly the South and Central Plains – SONIC has long had a passionate and loyal following, and now, the secret is clearly out,” said Bob Franke, senior vice president of franchise sales and international development for Sonic Corp. “Through a combination of word-of-mouth and increased national advertising, we’ve created demand for the SONIC experience from coast to coast, and we see tremendous opportunity to expand in the Northeast, in particular. Our franchisee’s team understands our brand and offers the right experience and community relationships to drive our expansion in upstate New York.”
The franchise group is led by Fran DeSimone, who brings valuable experience in both quick-service and fast-casual restaurants. DeSimone’s experience includes leadership roles with the Panera Bread, Burger King and Taco Bell brands. Through a separate business partnership, DeSimone also currently serves as the franchisee for a leading fast-casual brand in the Rochester market.“We have deep ties to the Rochester community, and we’ve been hearing for years that local residents want a SONIC,” said Fran DeSimone, president of the local SONIC franchise. “From the drive-in experience and skating carhops to unique menu items like Footlong Coneys and Real Ice Cream Shakes, there’s simply nothing like it in this market – or anywhere for that matter.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV