SAN FRANCISCO, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced the Salesforce Platform has been recognized as a Leader in all four categories of the June Forrester Research, Inc., report, The Forrester Wave™: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q2 2013.
Comments on the News
- "Businesses are seizing the new enterprise app revolution and are demanding the next generation of apps that are mobile, social and connected with the people, processes and data across their entire business," said Mike Rosenbaum, executive vice president of Salesforce Platform, salesforce.com. "The Salesforce Platform has democratized app development, providing organizations with any combination of developers–citizen developers, coders and expert programmers with the fastest path from idea to app."
Salesforce Platform: The Cloud Platform of Choice for Customer CompaniesThe Salesforce Platform is the world's most trusted cloud platform for building enterprise apps. It powers salesforce.com's own CRM apps, 1,800+ partner-built apps on the AppExchange, and more than 3 million custom apps built by customers. More than 1 million developers and business analysts use Salesforce Platform to quickly build and deliver connected apps on any device. According to The Forrester Wave: Enterprise Public Cloud Platforms, Q2 2013:
- "Together as the Salesforce Platform, Force.com and Heroku are used by up to 100,000 organizations, about 10% of which are large enterprises. Both Force.com and Heroku are backed by robust partner ecosystems."
- " Force.com is one of the oldest platform-as-a-service offerings, as well as one of the most successful."
- " Salesforce.com's Force.com platform is the leading example of a product that began life as a set of application extension tools and is now a public cloud platform used for many applications."
- In the overall Forrester Wave: Best Public Cloud Platform for AD&D Leaders, Salesforce Platform earned the highest possible score in nine categories including breadth of application services, application deployment services, its partner ecosystem and self-service control.
- For Rapid Application Developers, Salesforce Platform received the highest scores possible in nine categories including its partner ecosystem, development and testing tools, application deployment services and self-service controls.
- In the coders evaluation, Salesforce Platform again achieved the highest possible scores in nine categories including infrastructure abstraction features, breadth of application services, its partner ecosystem and autoscaling features.
- Salesforce Platform also achieved the highest possible score in nine categories for DevOps Pros including its partner ecosystem, development and testing tools, application deployment services and breadth of application services.
- Learn more about Salesforce Platform: www.salesforce.com/platform/overview
- Follow @forcedotcom, @heroku and @salesforce on Twitter
- Like Salesforce Platform on Facebook: www.facebook.com/SFDCplatform
- Like Developer Force on Facebook: www.facebook.com/forcedotcom
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts