INDIANAPOLIS, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
- #T1DiabetesChamp Kris Freeman @TeamFreeBirdXC visits 10 #diabetes #camps; has helped inspire more than 6,500 campers through Lilly program
- Lilly is one of the largest supporters of #diabetes #camps in the US
- Lilly Diabetes releases new Kris Freeman video; he reveals diabetes struggles, chase for Olympic gold and the spirit of a #T1DiabetesChamp
- @TeamFreeBirdXC prepares for his 4 th Olympics with T1 #diabetes #Sochi #olympicinspiration
When diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at age 19, Kris Freeman was told that his dream of being an Olympic athlete was not possible. Since then, he has transformed himself into one of the premier cross-country skiers in U.S. history.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click: http://www.multivu.com/mnr/61806-eli-lilly-diabetes-kris-freeman-9th-annual-diabetes-summer-tour-olympics(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130617/MM22984) This year, his unstoppable spirit will again be on display at 10 diabetes camps across the country in conjunction with the Lilly Camp Care Package program, one of the largest support initiatives for diabetes summer camps in the United States. To help share Freeman's story and to kick off the 9 th year of the camp tour, a documentary-style video is now available showcasing Freeman's perseverance and health challenges as he aims for gold at the 2014 Winter Olympics. "I've come a long way since I was diagnosed, and I want my story to help encourage young people to find that same motivation to keep learning and to stay positive," said Freeman, who recently captured his fifth national title in the grueling 50K, the third consecutive time he captured the crown. "As I prepare for my next Winter Games and pursue my dream, it's my goal to make sure that each child I meet this summer feels my belief in them and their ability to pursue theirs."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts