ANN ARBOR, Mich., June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- With its new look beginning to establish itself within stores, advertising and uniforms, Domino's Pizza (NYSE: DPZ) , the recognized world leader in pizza delivery, today launches a unique program to save its old logo materials from landfills – and instead, put them in the hands of selected artists around the country.
The Second Hand Logos program debuts today on the Domino's Pinterest page, delivering the dream to several local artists of having their unique work on display to a nationwide audience – not to mention, potentially intriguing interested buyers.Ten artists have taken on specific projects utilizing old Domino's logo belongings – from signage and clothing to store materials. Their work, including items for sale, photos, updates of ongoing projects and information about the artists themselves can all be found at SecondHandLogos.com, which will take visitors directly to the Domino's Pinterest page. "In addition to supporting a select group of very talented artists, we are truly giving our fans and customers the chance to own a piece of Domino's history," said Russell Weiner, Domino's Pizza chief marketing officer. "It is incredible how quickly our old logo has become cherished as 'throwback' – which is a credit to both our new branding direction, as well as the nostalgia of the old logo, which was very good to us for several decades." One thing that has remained true are the three dots on the Domino's logo, which dates back to 1965, when the company was incorporated as Domino's Pizza five years after its founding. The three dots represented the three stores open at the time. Now with over 10,000 stores worldwide, and nearly 5,000 in the U.S., Domino's may have run out of room for enough dots – but never loses track of its heritage as the pioneers of pizza delivery.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV