Half of American restaurant-goers admit to experiencing “ Food Envy” – feelings of jealousy, remorse or insecurity – about how their order compares to those around them when they dine out, according to a recent survey * conducted by Applebee’s ® restaurants, America’s favorite neighborhood grill and bar.
With Applebee's new Take Two, starting at $10.99, guests can sample two Fresh Flavors of Summer menu selections like the Blackened Sirloin and Green Goddess Wedge salad. (Photo: Business Wire)
Applebee’s has cured this age-old conundrum with the launch of Take Two. Guests can now sample two of Applebee’s new Fresh Flavors of Summer selections, mixing and matching as they please, for one low price starting at $10.99.
“We’ve all been there,” said Becky Johnson, Applebee’s Senior Vice President of Marketing and Culinary. “You order your favorite, go-to menu item. Then, a delicious-looking entrée is placed not in front of you, but the person next to you and jealousy sets in. Our solution is Take Two. Pick your staple, then experiment with something new. Take that, ‘Food Envy.’”
With Take Two, gone are the worries of committing to something new, ordering the same thing as the person next to you or stealing a taste from your companion’s plate.The survey also revealed interesting facts where Millennials are concerned. As a whole, this group reported the most order angst when dining out. “Food Envy” & Millennials
- 60 percent of Millennials (ages 18-29) admit to experiencing “Food Envy.”
- More than half of Millennials order last at a restaurant so they can see what others order first.
- Millennial women have it the worst, with 70 percent reporting they experience “Food Envy” on a regular basis.
- The Green Goddess Wedge Salad pays homage to the retro Green Goddess dressing. This creamy avocado and basil based dressing is ladled over a crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with bacon, honey-glazed pecans, bleu cheese and parsley.
- The Garlic Rosemary Chicken Pasta is grilled chicken glazed with garlic, thyme and rosemary, paired with grilled asparagus, artichokes, portabello mushrooms and roasted tomatoes and served over a bowl of fettuccine and lightly tossed in bruschetta with toasted garlic bread.
- The Blackened Sirloin is a 4oz. sirloin rubbed with blackened seasonings and basted with lime butter served on a bed of crispy red potatoes tossed in a tomato pesto sauce. A side of steamed red potatoes adds color and flavor to this new summertime favorite.
- The Lemon Shrimp Fettuccine features citrus notes perfect for summer. Seared plump shrimp are complemented with tomatoes, onions, fresh spinach and basil and served over fettuccine noodles lightly tossed in a roasted garlic cream sauce and topped with artichokes, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese blend.
- The Seasonal Berry and Spinach Salad is so fresh and flavorful, it can go with almost any pairing! Fresh blueberries, sliced ripe strawberries and vibrant spinach are tossed in our strawberry vinaigrette then topped with grilled chicken breast, bleu cheese crumbles and honey-glazed pecans.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts