NEW MALDEN, England, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Northrop Grumman Corporation (NYSE: NOC) has been selected by Arklow Shipping to upgrade 12 container vessels with VisionMaster FT Electronic Chart Display and Information Systems (ECDIS) to enable paperless navigation.
Northrop Grumman's Sperry Marine business unit will install all of the systems by the end of 2014. The VisionMaster FT ECDIS will replace existing NaviECDIS that utilises the Voyage Management System supplied by Sperry Marine.
"With Sperry Marine's VisionMaster FT ECDIS, these vessels not only meet the International Maritime Organization's requirements for paperless navigation, but will now have improved long-term cost efficiency," said Alan Dix, managing director of Northrop Grumman Sperry Marine.The VisionMaster FT system flexibility has been designed to meet customer specifications, with information from all navigation sensors brought together and merged into multifunction workstations. In addition to paperless navigation, the new ECDIS will reduce maintenance costs and provide the Integrated Bridge System with the latest technology and features. Arklow Shipping operates a fleet of 44 ships that transport project cargos, grain, and both general and bulk commodities. The 12 ships being upgraded are multipurpose vessels ranging in capacity from 3,000 to 5,000 gross tonnage. Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in unmanned systems, cyber, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide. Please visit www.northropgrumman.com for more information. SOURCE Northrop Grumman Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV