AMSTERDAM, June 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Waters Corporation (NYSE: WAT) today introduced CORTECS™ Columns, a new family of 1.6 micron solid-core UltraPerformance LC ® Columns that set a new standard in LC column performance. The higher efficiency brought to chromatography with CORTECS Columns allows laboratories to produce greater amounts of information faster with every chromatographic separation.
Available in C 18, C 18+ or HILIC chemistries, Waters offers the columns in 30 unique column configurations and is making them available for shipping worldwide. Waters introduced the new columns at HPLC 2013, the 39 th Annual Symposium on High Performance Liquid Phase Separations and Related Techniques.
The industry's most significant new column introduction in years, when used together with the low-dispersion Waters ® ACQUITY UPLC ®, ACQUITY UPLC I-Class and ACQUITY UPLC H-Class Systems, CORTECS Columns offer previously unattainable levels of performance."With the introduction of CORTECS columns, Waters is again responding to the need of laboratories for greater resolution, speed and sensitivity," said Michael Yelle, Vice President, Consumables Business Operations, Waters Division. "This family of columns represents a leap forward in chromatographic particle design, column hardware, packing technology and, most importantly, overall performance." CORTECS Column particles feature a solid, impermeable silica core encased in a porous silica outer layer where the interactions between the stationary phase and the analytes occur. The three CORTECS chemistries and their intended uses are:
- CORTECS C 18 Column is a general-purpose, high-efficiency, reversed-phase column offering balanced retention of acids, bases, and neutrals at low and mid-range pH.
- CORTECS C 18+ Column is a general-purpose reversed-phase column with a positively charged surface that delivers excellent peak shape for basic compounds at low pH.
- CORTECS HILIC Column is designed for the retention of extremely polar analytes while offering orthogonal selectivity versus C 18 columns.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV