Asian Stocks Higher On Hopes US Will Keep Stimulus
Credit Agricole CIB in a report said no changes are expected in the Fed's policies but Bernanke's ability to communicate effectively the Fed's strategy over tapering is crucial to determine whether market volatility persists or lessens.
Investors expect a reduction in the Fed's asset purchases later this year. Such stimulus has been a key driver of the rally in stock markets and other asset prices. Markets are also looking to this week's policy meeting for clues on the scale and timing of any reductions.
Benchmark oil for July delivery rose 29 cents to $98.14 per barrel in electronic trading on the New York Mercantile Exchange. The contract rose $1.16 to close at $97.85 a barrel on the Nymex on Friday.
In currencies, the euro rose to $1.3344 from $1.3340 late Friday in New York. The dollar rose to 94.87 yen from 94.34 yen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV