5 Great Stadiums Making Up for Bad Baseball Teams
We just want to acknowledge that the Pittsburgh Pirates have a winning record and are only a handful of games out of first place in the National League Central.
That said, Pirates fans know how fragile hope can be. The Pirates had a 67-54 on Aug. 19 last season and looked as if they were going to cruise to their first winning season in nearly two decades and their first playoff spot since Barry Bonds was on the team.Nope. They ended the season with a 79-83 record and broke the Yinzers' hearts yet again. But at least Pittsburgh still has this small glimmer of early season hope -- and lovely PNC Park. With even the worst nosebleed seat only 88 feet from the field and featuring views of the Roberto Clemente Bridge, the Pittsburgh Skyline and the boats on the Allegheny River, the park is hands-down one of the most gorgeous in the league. At a bargain-basement average of $17.21 per seat -- the third-lowest price in the league -- it's also incredibly cheap. That gives fans a little more pocket change for ordering a Primanti Brothers sandwich stacked with with steak, cheese, cole slaw and tomatoes. It'll also free up some cash for a pour from one of the most extensive craft beer tap lists in the majors. Brews in regular rotation include Pittsburgh's own Church Brew Works, Victory Brewing, East End Brewing, Penn Brewing, Troegs Brewing and Erie Brewing. Add to that Harpoon Brewery, Samuel Adams, Brooklyn Brewery, Dogfish Head Brewing, 21st Amendment Brewery, Flying Dog Brewing, Heavy Seas Beer, Lagunitas Brewing, Stone Brewing, Bell's Brewery and Anchor Brewing. A beer passport discount ticket package provides a pre-game beer tasting for 90 minutes before the game and a $5 voucher for the concession area. It's the least a team with the longest season-to-season losing streak in professional sports can offer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV