NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Jim Cramer fills his blog on RealMoney every day with his up-to-the-minute reactions to what's happening in the market and his legendary ahead-of-the-crowd ideas. This week he blogged on:
- caring about what works; and
- why individual stocks matter.
Click here for information on RealMoney, where you can see all the blogs, including Jim Cramer's -- and reader comments -- in real time.
Care About What's WorkingPosted at 7:51 a.m. EDT on Friday, June 14 All rallies are phony. All selloffs are real. Every plus-1% day is manipulated. Every down-1% percent day shows the market's true colors. That's the conventional wisdom, especially these days where the path is set in cement: Stocks must go down and rates go up because all that mattered the whole way up were the actions of the biggest manipulator of all, the Federal Reserve. Take yesterday, for instance. I hate up openings -- those big up openings on nothing but good foreign news. But down openings where everyone sees the gloom and the gloom only, those are made for reversals and that's just what we got.
Once the market reversed, Ben Bernanke picked that moment to have a conversation with his go-to guy, John Hilsenrath, in what was a master stroke moment where the bears were busy betting against the big, phony rally because the truth about rates, and therefore stocks, is now out of the bag. So, Bernanke manipulated the market, right? When I suggested yesterday that Bernanke picked a terrific time to spread the gospel that you can't presume the tapering is soon upon us, initially people were suspect. Did I believe the Fed did anything substantive? Was I that naive? Darn it all, I am nothing, if not naive. What I was saying was Bernanke has learned to play the game. He knew his words were going to have an impact because he wasn't trying to stem a decline. He was saying basically, "look, intelligentsia, I know your game, you think I am done, think again." Those who believe that he is too unsophisticated or doesn't know the impact of his words; he knows all too well the impact and he needed to undo his testimony of a few weeks ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV