Rent-A-Center donated $5,000 to Page Ahead, a Seattle-based nonprofit providing books to at-risk children and developing educational activities to further enrich their lives. The donation is tied to a philanthropic initiative dubbed Random Acts of Caring. Launched in 2008, the initiative provides unexpected donations of merchandise and funding to deserving nonprofits across the country.
“We are thrilled to have the partnership of Rent-A-Center,” said Susan Dibble, executive director for Page Ahead. “Giving kids their own books to read is the most powerful thing we can do to help them succeed in school.”
“Page Ahead is doing such impactful work in support of Washington children,” said Valerie Stokes, public affairs specialist for Rent-A-Center. “We often underestimate the power of putting a book in a child’s hands, but Page Ahead recognizes that significance and works to make it a reality."
About Page AheadPage Ahead is dedicated to helping children in need succeed in school by developing strong reading skills. The organization provides new books for children, literacy support for families and reading resources for communities. Page Ahead is the leading provider of children’s literacy services in the state of Washington. Since its inception in 1990, the organization has reached 650,000 children with 2.2 million books. Currently, Page Ahead serves nearly 30,000 children in 22 counties throughout Washington. About Rent-A-Center Rent-A-Center (NASDAQ: RCII), headquartered in Plano, Texas, operates more than 3,000 stores in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada and Mexico. The Company employs over 20,000 coworkers. Learn more at www.rentacenter.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV