CHICAGO, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- For the second straight year, United Airlines will donate one million MileagePlus miles to Make-A-Wish ® Illinois, a donation that will help children with life-threatening illnesses reach their wish destinations. The airline donated the miles as part of the annual Make-A-Wish "Mileathon" held earlier this week.
United pledged to match up to one million miles donated by its MileagePlus members during the one-day Mileathon – part of the Make-A-Wish ® Wishes in Flight ® program. Several United employees also volunteered at the event, raising charity miles from Make-A-Wish supporters and MileagePlus members.
"United has been a proud partner of Make-A-Wish for more than 15 years," said Martin Hand, United's senior vice president of customer experience and a Make-A-Wish America board member. "We are grateful to our MileagePlus members for their generous donations, and we are thrilled to continue supporting this special program on behalf of all our customers."
United employees regularly collaborate with local Make-A-Wish chapters, helping fulfill travel wishes for children with life-threatening illnesses and their families. Make-A-Wish is one of United's top recipients for charity miles, with United employees and customers donating more than 500 million miles to date. Through these donations, the airline has helped fulfill more than 3,125 wishes for children with life-threatening medical conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV