WASHINGTON, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The White House released President Obama's memorandum on spectrum policy today ( June 14), and Verizon Communications issued the following statement:
"Today's presidential memorandum is another positive step toward setting a national spectrum policy. Further exploring ways for federal government-spectrum users to more efficiently use spectrum they have been assigned, as well as for developing appropriate sharing between commercial- and government-spectrum users, should bring much needed wireless spectrum to the consumer marketplace. Verizon Wireless has invested in efforts to study how sharing in certain bands of spectrum might take place. These are worthy efforts that should continue, and we are committed to this ongoing work with the administration, Congress and other players in the wireless market.
"It is critical, however, that the important work being done to identify and clear government spectrum for auction continue, and we are encouraged that the president has recognized that this effort is important. We thank the administration for laying out a clear path that will help bring more spectrum to consumers of wireless services, where it will allow the U.S. to maintain its global leadership position in wireless innovation."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV