1. As of noon trading, CarMax ( KMX) is down $0.23 (-0.5%) to $46.76 on light volume Thus far, 499,247 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $46.50-$47.31 after having opened the day at $46.82 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.99. CarMax, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a retailer of used vehicles in the United States. It operates in two segments, CarMax Sales Operations and CarMax Auto Finance. CarMax has a market cap of $10.3 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 24.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate CarMax a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CarMax as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full CarMax Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the specialty retail industry could consider SPDR S&P Retail ETF ( XRT) while those bearish on the specialty retail industry could consider ProShares Ultra Sht Consumer Goods ( SZK). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts