2. As of noon trading, CSX ( CSX) is up $0.19 (0.76) to $25.25 on average volume Thus far, 3.4 million shares of CSX exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $24.96-$25.44 after having opened the day at $25.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.06. CSX Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides rail-based transportation services. It offers traditional rail services, and transports intermodal containers and trailers. CSX has a market cap of $25.4 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.7, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate CSX a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates CSX as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full CSX Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts