Ridgewood Canadian Investment Grade Bond Fund Announces Proposal Of Extension Of Term And Creation Of Second Class Of Units
TORONTO, June 14, 2013 /CNW/ - Ridgewood Capital Asset Management Inc. (the " Manager"), the manager of Ridgewood Canadian Investment Grade Bond Fund (TSX: RIB.UN) (the " Fund"), announces that a special meeting (the " Meeting") of holders (the " Unitholders") of the Fund's units (the " Units") will be held on July 25, 2013, commencing at 10:00 a.m. at the offices of Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP, 333 Bay Street, Suite 2400, Toronto, Ontario.
The purpose of the Meeting is to seek Unitholder approval of a five-year extension of the term of the Fund from December 31, 2014 until December 31, 2019 (the " Proposed Extension").
Details regarding the Proposed Extension will be contained in an information circular (the " Circular") which is expected to be mailed to Unitholders in early July 2013. The record date for the special meeting is June 24, 2013. Unitholders are encouraged to complete and return their proxy forms in order that their Units can be voted at the Meeting. The board of directors of the Manager has determined that the Proposed Extension is in the best interest of the Fund and, accordingly, recommends that Unitholders vote in favour of the ordinary resolution authorizing the Proposed Extension.
In connection with the Meeting, TD Securities Inc. (" TDSI") was engaged to act as financial advisor and assist the Fund in obtaining proxies in favour of the Proposed Extension.In addition to the business to be conducted at the Meeting, the Manager has authorized the Fund to create a second class of units of the Fund (the " Class B Units"). A description of the terms and conditions attaching to the Class B Units will be provided in the Circular. The Proposed Extension and the proposed creation of the Class B Units are subject to approval of the Toronto Stock Exchange.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV