BKF Capital Group, Inc. (OTCQB:BKFG), the second largest shareholder of Qualstar Corporation, today that issued an open letter to the shareholders of Qualstar Corporation (NASDAQ:QBAK), in response to the Company’s release yesterday of an investor presentation. BKF urges shareholders not to be fooled by the investor presentation into believing that the Company is on the road to recovery under current CEO Lawrence Firestone and the directors that he has brought to the Board. BKF believes that, under the strategy of Mr. Firestone and his fellow directors, the Company will continue to burn cash, incur unreasonable and unnecessary expenses and suffer losses. The Board therefore needs to be replaced.
BKF is urging all shareholders to vote on the GOLD proxy card to elect the directors nominated by BKF at the 2013 Annual Meeting of Shareholders of Qualstar that will be held on June 28, 2013.
Shareholders who have questions about the BKF solicitation, who require assistance in voting their shares, or who need additional copies of BKF’s Proxy Statement, are requested to contact our proxy advisors, AST Phoenix Advisors , 6201 15 th Avenue, 3 rd Floor, Brooklyn, NY 11219. Call Toll Free: (877) 478-5038. Banks and Brokers Call Collect: (212) 493-3910.
The complete text of the letter to shareholders follows:
June 14. 2013
- our Company is bleeding cash;
- our Company continues to lose sales;
- our Company continues to lose money;
- our stock price continues to go down; and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV