NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- Over the past few years, companies have begun to pay a lot more attention to their dividends. The move to faster-rising payouts can be viewed cynically: Companies have simply run out of growth opportunities and don't have any better uses for cash these days.
But the more optimistic view likely holds more merit: Companies are now so profitable that they can afford to invest in future growth initiatives and still have plenty of money left over for dividend boosts.
Here are three companies that look positioned to take their already-respectable dividends to new heights in coming years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV