3 Sell-Rated Dividend Stocks: ERF, PWE, CVC
Cablevision Systems (NYSE: CVC) shares currently have a dividend yield of 4.30%. Cablevision Systems Corporation provides telecommunications and media services. It operates in two segments, Telecommunications Services and Other. The average volume for Cablevision Systems has been 2,821,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cablevision Systems has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the media industry. Shares are down 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Cablevision Systems as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share and deteriorating net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CABLEVISION SYS CORP has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. Earnings per share have declined over the last two years. We anticipate that this should continue in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CABLEVISION SYS CORP reported lower earnings of $0.16 versus $0.84 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 18.8% in earnings ($0.13 versus $0.16).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 128.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $57.25 million to -$16.14 million.
- CVC, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 1.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.8%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- 47.30% is the gross profit margin for CABLEVISION SYS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of CVC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CVC's net profit margin of -1.05% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago, the stock is now trading at a higher level, and has traded in line with the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, we do not believe this stock offers ample reward opportunity to compensate for the risks, despite the fact that it rose over the past year.
- You can view the full Cablevision Systems Ratings Report.
- Our dividend calendar.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts