US Stocks Edge Lower At End Of A Volatile Week
Gold rose $9.80, or 0.7 percent, to $1,387.60 an ounce.
In the market for U.S. government bonds, the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note dipped to 2.13 percent from 2.15 percent late Thursday. The yield reached a 14-month high of 2.29 percent on Tuesday. Expectations that the Fed will pare its bond buying have helped drive the yield up from 1.63 percent on May 3, when it was at its lowest level this year.
Among stocks making big moves:
â¿¿ Casey's General Stores fell $2.60, or 4 percent, to $60.69. The Iowa-based convenience store reported earnings late Thursday that fell short of what financial analysts had expected.â¿¿ Myriad Genetics sank $4.42, or 14 percent, to $27.59. The decline came a day after the Supreme Court gave the diagnostic test maker a partial victory in a patent battle. â¿¿ Restoration Hardware jumped $9.51, or 16 percent, to $68.47. The high-end home products chain raised its forecast for full-year earnings late Thursday and announced plans to start two new businesses â¿¿ RH Kitchen and Tableware and RH Antiquities â¿¿ next year. ____ AP Business Writer Christina Rexrode contributed.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV