John R. Strangfeld, Chairman and CEO of Prudential Financial, Inc., has been elected co-chair of the New Jersey Performing Arts Center (NJPAC) Board of Directors, it was announced today. William J. Marino, retired Chairman and CEO of Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield and current NJPAC chair, will continue to serve as co-chair of the Board. Marino will continue to serve as Chairman of the Theater Square Development Corporation.
“John Strangfeld has been an active and dedicated member of the NJPAC Board of Directors since December 2009 and of its Executive Committee since 2010. His leadership and dedication to NJPAC’s mission and vision, and his deep engagement in our future, have been inspirational to me,” said NJPAC President and CEO John Schreiber. “Prudential's remarkable support of NJPAC since our earliest days has enabled us to grow and thrive, and John’s service as our new Board co-chair signals a reinforced commitment to arts and culture in New Jersey and to the continued revitalization of Newark.”
“I look forward enthusiastically to the partnership that John and I will have as co-chairs of NJPAC as we advance the mission of this world class arts center, ” said Marino. “We are excited about reinforcing NJPAC’s well-earned reputation as New Jersey’s premier center of arts and culture. And we both believe NJPAC will continue to be a driver of economic renewal in Newark.”
Strangfeld has been Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Prudential, a financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America, since 2008. Prior to that, he was Vice Chairman responsible for the company’s U.S. Businesses, which include both the Investment and the Insurance Divisions. He also has held a variety of senior investment positions at Prudential Financial, both within the United States and abroad, including six years in London.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV