NORTHFIELD, Ill., June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Kraft Foods Group (NASDAQ:KRFT) today announced plans to create two new, standalone business units: Meals and Desserts, and Enhancers and Snack Nuts. With the creation of these new business units, the company will be able to place even greater focus on brand-building while reducing the complexity of managing a portfolio with many distinct brands and product categories. The new business structures and leadership appointments are effective July 1.
"Since we launched the new Kraft, we've focused heavily on turbocharging our iconic brands. And we've made a lot of progress thanks to great marketing and innovation," said Tony Vernon, Kraft CEO. "With the creation of our two newest business units and great leaders in place, we're taking an important step to strengthen our focus on some of the most beloved brands in North America."
Two New Business Units, Many Well-Known BrandsThe business units are being created by dividing the brands in the company's Grocery segment into two standalone business units. Categories and brands that have natural synergies like Cool Whip and JELL-O will remain together. The Planters brand will benefit from having the snack nuts and peanut butter categories managed under one leadership structure.The business units will include many of Kraft's leading brands:
- Meals and Desserts -- Cool Whip whipped topping, Jet-Puffed marshmallows, JELL-O dry packaged and ready-to-eat desserts, Kraft Mac & Cheese dinner, Shake 'N Bake coatings, Stove Top stuffing mix and Velveeta dinners and meal kits.
- Enhancers and Snack Nuts -- A.1. steak sauce, Grey Poupon premium mustards, Kraft and Bulls-Eye barbecue sauces, Kraft and Good Seasons dressings, Kraft and Miracle Whip spoonable dressings and Planters nuts, trail mixes and peanut butters.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV