JOHANNESBURG, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Tronox Limited (NYSE: TROX) today announced that it has reached collective bargaining agreements with the National Union of Mineworkers and Solidarity, the two largest unions representing employees working at the company's Mineral Sands division two mining operations and ore processing plants in Namakwa and KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
"We are pleased that the discussions with our two main unions, the National Union of Mineworkers and Solidarity were conducted in a constructive and professional manner that has resulted in a mutually beneficial outcome for all stakeholders. We believe that we have in place at Namakwa and KZN, a working culture and environment that is conducive, with a relationship based on trust and effective communication. This agreement reflects our mutual commitment to the long-term success of our operations in South Africa," said Trevor Arran, president of Tronox Mineral Sands.
The one-year agreement is effective July 1. It covers all bargaining unit union-represented employees working in Tronox's mineral sands operations in Namakwa, on the west coast of South Africa, and in KwaZula-Natal, on the country's east coast.About Tronox Tronox is a global leader in the production and marketing of titanium bearing mineral sands and titanium dioxide pigment. Through the integration of its pigment and mineral sands business, the company provides its customers a dependable supply of brightening solutions for a variety of end uses. For more information, visit http://www.tronox.com. South Africa Media Contact:Waleed AchmatTel: +27 87 310 2755Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Corporate Media Contact: Bud GrebeyDirect: +1.203.705.3721Email: email@example.com Investor Contact: Brennen ArndtDirect: +1.203.705.3722 SOURCE Tronox Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV