Honeywell Products on the A350 XWB
- Mechanical systems:
- The HGT1700 Auxiliary Power Unit and Starter-Generator are integrated systems that supply pneumatic and electric power for the aircraft while on the ground or in flight. The HGT1700 APU is derived from Honeywell's 331 series APU, is customized for the A350 XWB and is optimized with industry-leading technological advancements to reduce weight, maximize performance and provide safe, efficient and low-cost operations.
- The Air Conditioning System, Bleed Air System, Cabin Pressure Control System, Supplemental Cooling System and Ventilation System are all part of the integrated mechanical system. Through a holistic approach, Honeywell is able to provide a more comfortable experience for passengers by minimizing changes in the cabin environment and reducing the workload for the crew.
- Avionics systems:
- The Flight Management System introduces the latest advances, functions and features, while achieving the goal to create a common cockpit for Airbus wide-body aircraft, enabling pilots to easily transition between aircraft platforms. Honeywell's latest FMS technology reduces the workload for the flight crew and enables improved flight planning.
- The Airbus Aircraft Environment Surveillance System has also been inducted into the A350 aircraft among other Airbus aircraft. This system integrates the Traffic Collision Avoidance System, Mode S Transponders, the Weather Radar and the Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System modules into one system, reducing as many as eight avionics boxes down to two. Like the FMS, the latest innovations and features are introduced, such as ADS-B IN and Airborne Traffic Situational Awareness. The AESS provides critical information to the pilot to enhance safety and efficiency, while increasing cockpit efficiency.
- John Bolton, President, Air Transport & Regional, Honeywell Aerospace - "This new and innovative aircraft applies the broad range of avionics and mechanical products and services we offer in a highly integrated manner. Our joint effort offers Airbus customers, pilots and passengers a more efficient, safe and comfortable experience than ever before. The maiden flight is a great milestone we are celebrating with Airbus today, and we look forward to extending our relationship for a very long time."
- View the Infographic
- Read more about the Airbus A350 XWB
- Images of the Airbus A350 XWB
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Thousands of Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. The Aerospace business unit develops and integrates technologies that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, connectivity, logistics and more that deliver safe, efficient, productive and comfortable transportation-related experiences. For more information, visit http://aerospace.honeywell.com or follow us at @honeywell_aero on Twitter.Honeywell ( www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com. Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2013 Honeywell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV