Staples Inc. Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (SPLS)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 136.67% to $347.57 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, STAPLES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.74%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, STAPLES INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for STAPLES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 27.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 2.92% trails that of the industry average.
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.