June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
The U. S. District of Columbia awarded
Infosys Public Services, a U.S.-based subsidiary of
Infosys, a global consulting and technology leader, a one-year contract valued at
$49.5 million to develop its new health benefit exchange, a crucial component of the Affordable Care Act.
Infosys Public Services is the prime systems integrator of this healthcare system transformation that will bring critically important benefits to nearly one quarter-million District residents. Individuals, families, and small businesses can purchase healthcare coverage through an online marketplace. The exchange, known as the District of Columbia Access System (DCAS), is a state-of-the-art health and human services solution that will provide seamless healthcare coverage while minimizing risks.
- As the prime systems integrator, Infosys Public Services is currently designing and implementing the new health benefit exchange, and replacing the District's legacy Medicaid and eligibility systems with new technology that will provide a wide array of services in compliance with the new healthcare law.
District of Columbia
and Infosys Public Services have successfully completed a federal review of this web-based Marketplace Exchange portal, which will allow consumers to access, research and choose affordable health coverage. The District's Exchange is the first of the nation's state-based marketplaces to gain federal approval in the second phase or "wave" of required tests.
- The new system will also deliver new case management capabilities that span a wide range of the District's programs and agencies.
- DCAS will provide the District with an integrated eligibility system supporting Medicaid, private health insurance and other health programs.
- The system includes key capabilities for providing health insurance to the uninsured and underinsured, including:
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts