LEWISVILLE, Texas, June 14, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Uranium Resources, Inc. (Nasdaq:URRE) (URI) today announced that Jeffrey L. Vigil was appointed Vice President and Chief Financial Officer effective June 14, 2013. Mr. Vigil, who most recently was Senior Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer at Energy Fuels Inc. (TSX:EFR), succeeds Thomas H. Ehrlich, who resigned to pursue other interests.
Christopher M. Jones, President and CEO of URI, stated, "Jeff is a mining industry financial veteran with over thirty years of financial management experience in both production stage and development stage enterprises. We are excited about Jeff's passion for nuclear energy and the significant industry experience he brings to URI. We believe his experience will play a significant role in the execution of our strategic plan to return to production and strengthens our position to expand our company."
During his tenure at Energy Fuels, Mr. Vigil held various financial positions including CFO between 2009 and 2012. He managed financial and management reporting, equity financings, tax planning and compliance, treasury functions and risk management for Energy Fuels. He also managed financial, operational and legal due diligence for a number of acquisitions. From 1996 to 2007, Mr. Vigil served as CFO for Koala Corporation, which had approximately 350 employees and operated divisions in New York, Florida, Texas, Oregon, Colorado and British Columbia. Mr. Vigil is a graduate of the University of Wyoming with a BS in Accounting and is a licensed Certified Public Accountant in the State of Colorado.Mr. Ehrlich first joined URI in 1987 and most recently served as Vice President and Chief Financial Officer for URI. "Tom has been an invaluable member of the executive team and we thank him for all his contributions and wish him well in his future endeavors," stated Paul K. Willmott, Chairman of the Board of URI.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV