DALLAS, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Alerian announced that following the close of business on Friday, June 21, EQT Midstream Partners LP (NYSE: EQM), Memorial Production Partners LP (NASDAQ: MEMP), and MPLX LP (NYSE: MPLX) will be added to the Alerian MLP Index (NYSE: AMZ) and the Alerian MLP Equal Weight Index (CME: AMZE).
- EQT Midstream Partners operates natural gas transmission pipelines, storage, and gathering lines.
- Memorial Production Partners acquires, produces, and develops oil and gas properties.
- MPLX operates crude oil and refined product pipelines and storage assets.
Energy Transfer Equity LP (NYSE: ETE), Kinder Morgan Management LLC (NYSE: KMR), and NuStar GP Holdings LLC (NYSE: NSH) will be removed from both indices following the close of business on June 21.
In addition, the 50 constituents of the Alerian MLP Index will be rebalanced on a float-adjusted, capitalization-weighted basis in accordance with the existing index methodology. The 50 constituents of the Alerian MLP Equal Weight Index will be rebalanced on an equal-weighted basis in accordance with the existing index methodology. Constituent additions to and deletions from the index do not reflect an opinion by Alerian on the investment merits of the respective securities.
About the Alerian MLP IndexThe Alerian MLP Index is a composite of the 50 most prominent energy Master Limited Partnerships that provides investors with an unbiased, comprehensive benchmark for this emerging asset class. The index, which is calculated using a float-adjusted, capitalization-weighted methodology, is disseminated real-time on a price-return basis (NYSE: AMZ) and on a total-return basis (NYSE: AMZX).Alerian the Alerian MLP Equal Weight IndexThe Alerian MLP Equal Weight Index is an equal-weighted version of the leading MLP benchmark, the Alerian MLP Index (AMZ). It has the same 50 constituents as the AMZ, but each constituent is rebalanced to a 2% weight on a quarterly basis. The index is disseminated real-time on a price-return basis (CME: AMZE) and on a total return basis (CME: AMZEX). About AlerianAlerian is an independent company that provides objective market information. The company is a leader in MLP and energy infrastructure market intelligence, providing benchmarks, data sets, and analytics that are used extensively by a range of industry stakeholders such as management teams, investment professionals, research analysts, and national media. The Alerian Index Series is used to analyze relative performance and to create index tracking funds. Over $13 billion is directly tied to Alerian's indices, including the leading benchmark of MLP equities: the Alerian MLP Index (AMZ). For index values, yields, constituents, and announcements regarding rebalancings, please visit www.alerian.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV