NEW YORK, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Morgan & Morgan announces that it is investigating potential legal claims against the board of directors of Dole Food Company, Inc. ("Dole" or the "Company") (NYSE: DOLE) regarding possible breaches of fiduciary duties and other violations of law related to the Company's entry into an agreement to be acquired by the Company's Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer, David H. Murdock, in a transaction valued at approximately $1.5 billion.
Under the terms of the proposal, public shareholders of Dole will receive $12.00 per share in cash for each share of Dole they own.
Morgan & Morgan's investigation concerns whether Dole's Board of Directors breached its fiduciary duties to act in the best interests of Dole shareholders and to take all necessary steps to ensure that Dole shareholders receive the maximum value readily available for their shares of Dole common stock.Morgan & Morgan is one of the nation's largest 200 law firms. In addition to securities fraud, the firm also practices in the areas of antitrust, personal injury, consumer protection, overtime, and product liability. All of the Firm's legal endeavors are rooted in its core mission: provide investor and consumer protection and always fight "for the people." Attorney advertising. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Contact:Morgan & Morgan Peter Safirstein, Esq.28 West 44 th StreetSuite 2001 New York, NY 100361-800-631-6234 email@example.com SOURCE Morgan & Morgan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV