By Pete Najarian, co-founder of OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Intel (INTC) options were active earlier in the week, and Thursday the bulls came back for more.
OptionMonster's scanners detected heavy volume in the June 23 calls and the July 25s as traders once again rolled their positions to higher strikes in longer-dated contracts. This time, they sold the June 23s for $1.83 and bought the July 25s for 74 cents.
These calls lock in the price where the chipmaker's shares can be bought, so they can track movements in the stock price cheaply and leverage any rally. On Tuesday, they rolled up from the June 26s to the July 27s.Intel shares rose 2.17% to $24.99 Thursday. Almost 99,000 calls traded vs. fewer than 28,000 puts, further indication of the session's bullish sentiment. Najarian owns INTC calls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV