Williams confirmed that one person died in an explosion and fire this morning at its Geismar, La. facility. Company officials met with the victim’s family today at their home.
Zachary Green, 29, was an operator at the plant. He started work at Williams last October. Zack will be deeply missed by his friends at the Geismar plant and throughout Williams.
In addition, the company is closely monitoring the status of one employee and seven contractors who remain hospitalized and are being treated for injuries.
“We are grieving for the loss of Zack who was part of our Williams community. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this time of sorrow. We also remain deeply concerned about Williams’ personnel and contractors who sustained injuries, some quite serious,” said Alan Armstrong, Williams’ president and chief executive officer.“We are extremely appreciative of the prompt and efficient actions by local and state law enforcement and emergency responders for their assistance in this difficult time. We are focusing all necessary resources on assisting those impacted and determining the cause of the explosion.” Williams has deployed grief counselors to the area to meet with personnel and offer assistance. The fire has been extinguished and Williams is cooperating with federal, state and local agencies in assessing the situation and determining the cause of the explosion. The extent of damage is unknown at this time.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV