CHARLOTTE, N.C., June 13, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Duke Energy crews will work throughout the night to assess damage and restore power to customers who lost service after a severe storm moved through the Carolinas today.
Earlier this evening, there were more 350,000 customers, mostly in North Carolina, who were without power. The hardest hit counties included Wake, Forsyth, Mecklenburg, Johnston, Moore, Guilford, Lee and Rockingham.
Customers in the hardest hit counties should prepare for a multi-day outage.Anyone without power who has special needs or who relies on electric-powered life support equipment should consider finding alternative living arrangements until power can be restored. Additional information, including estimated times of restoration, will be available tomorrow morning after damage assessments are complete. Duke Energy will bring additional crews from its other service territories as well as outside agencies to assist with the restoration process. Customers should continue to report outages through Duke Energy's automated phone systems:
- Duke Energy – 800-769-3766 (800-PowerOn)
- Duke Energy Progress (North and South Carolina) – 800-419-6356
- Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/DukeEnergyStorm
- Facebook - www.facebook.com/ProgressEnergyCarolinas
- Twitter - http://twitter.com/DukeEnergyStorm
- Twitter - www.twitter.com/ProgEnergyNC_SC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV